Nowadays, both our personal and professional lives are in a smartphone. Business email communication became even more comfortable when you got an opportunity to reply to emails during the morning commute to the office or manage urgent requests after working hours. What an advantage for workaholics!
Essentially, you want your mobile communication to be as effortless as from the computer, and mail signature is a significant part of it. A visually appealing mail signature sent from your iOS mail app will most likely catch attention.
Before adding an image to your email signature on the iPhone, make sure your email client supports an HTML-based signature.
1. Go to ‘Settings’ on your iPhone, scroll down, click on ‘Mail’ and open ‘Signature’ field at the bottom of a window.
2. Create a new mail signature if you do not have one already.
3. Make sure you have a relevant picture on your iPhone ready to use. Send it with a blank email to yourself ahead or save directly to a photo album from the Internet.
4. Find a picture you would like to add to your iPhone email signature and copy it (tap and hold the image, then click ‘Copy’ in the context menu).
5. Go back to your iPhone email signature editor (‘Settings’ -> ’Mail’ -> ‘Signature’) and ‘Paste’ the picture you have just saved. Note, you will not be able to resize an image in the signature editor, so you would need to do it before to match the mobile version of your iOS email signature. The best-recommended dimensions are 320 px wide with a file size under 50KB.
6. You might notice a grey area around your newly designed signature after you insert an image. To get rid of it type in an extra space after the picture, and the grey area will disappear.
7. Your iPhone mail signature is ready to use now. Changes are saved automatically. Click on ‘Mail’ in the top left corner and do not forget to test the signature in an email on your iPhone mail app.
You could also insert the entire signature to your iPhone email signature editor, the same way you just did with a picture. In this situation, you might encounter some HTML coding alteration, although they are easily fixable.